ABOUT US » OUR MISSION
The Steppingstone School Mission
Steppingstone is dedicated to providing a superior learning environment for the uniquely gifted child—academically, intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally.
We believe every child deserves a satisfying and challenging learning experience. Our purpose is to provide this experience for gifted children by unlocking the gifts that are trapped by the limitations of a traditional educational structure. We provide gifted children with the opportunity to discover their passions; set purpose and goals in pursuit of those passions; develop the personal, academic, and intellectual skills that will allow them to keep options open; realize the successful achievement of their goals; and do this with integrity and consideration for society and the world.
Steppingstone is an organization built to last and built to meet the diverse needs of gifted children, specifically:
- Steppingstone is a center for gifted education where gifted children receive an outstanding education that addresses both their intellect and their humanity.
- Steppingstone attracts and retains the best teachers for its students and the best support staff for its teachers and parents.
- Steppingstone provides educational resources and a personal support system for parents and families of gifted children.
- Steppingstone is led by enlightened, generous, and wise trustees who embody the mission and vision of Steppingstone’s founders.
- Steppingstone is a pillar of the educational community locally, nationally, and internationally because of the insight and knowledge it brings to gifted education.
- Steppingstone is an internationally recognized resource for gifted education, where daily interactions and research with national and international education institutions are woven into the fabric of its operations.