ABOUT US » GIVING
Giving at Steppingstone
An Investment in Our Future
A message from our Head of School
November 4, 2013
Dear Families and Friends,
This is our 2012-13 Annual Report. If you compare it with others the past few years, you will notice that our budget has been improving slowly but steadily.
This progress was accompanied by a few capital improvements as well.
The most notable was the repurposing of the former Lube Shop into the Art Studio. This was finished thanks not only to more traditional fund-raising,
but also thanks to the online communications of all our friends and families, who made it possible for us to take 3rd Place in the Great American Classroom Makeover contest.
This was a national contest, and we won with only 14 families while competing against schools with thousands of families in their enrollment. The $2,000 we won helped to repair the floor, the heaters, and the plumbing.
Our Artist-in-Residence, Mary Gage, is ecstatic over the possibilities this represents.
Expenses covered by Annual Giving, the Auction, the Car Show and other fund-raisers last year included new science curriculum materials and the “stunning” painting of the Activities Building’s Grand River façade, which is fast becoming a landmark.
As always, we deeply appreciate all that our supporters have provided and thank them for continuing and generous support.
Very truly yours,
Head of School
The Annual Benefit Auction
This is Steppingstone's major fund-raiser and provides approximately 10% of our annual revenues. Independent schools depend on non-tuition fund-raisers in order to improve and develop new programs. Parents are asked to volunteer, donate, and/or acquire auction items to support this function.
Please help to "Make a Difference" in your child's educational experience: obtain auction items or donate a similar amount in cash or in-kind goods or services. The benefits include:
- Improvement of existing programs and development of new programs
- Maintenance and improvement of facilities and teaching/learning materials
- Excellence of faculty through support of competitive salaries
- An evening of adult-only fun
- A tax deduction as allowable by law (check with your CPA)
Ways To Give
- Cash or Check
- Make your check or money order payable to Steppingstone School and return it with the Annual Giving Pledge Form. Current families may charge their donation to their Steppingstone School Account.
- Credit Card
- The Annual Giving Pledge Form has a section for credit card gifts. We accept Visa and MasterCard. You may call 248-957-8200 to make your gift by phone.
- Steppingstone is happy to accept personal property in accordance with the school's gift guidelines.
- Memorial Gifts
- A gift made in tribute to or in memory of a loved one can provide both a wonderful remembrance and a contribution to Steppingstone.
- Planned Giving
- A good alternative for some supporters is to include Steppingstone as a beneficiary in an insurance policy, trust, or will. Gifts may also be pledged over a period of months or years. These long-range plans help secure the future of the school without immediate impact to you financially.
- Matching Gifts
- Many corporations match contributions made by their employees or retirees. If your company has a matching gift program, your gift could double or triple in value. Please contact your personnel office for information.
- Corporate Tax Credits
- The Michigan Single Business Tax Credit is equal to 50% of the amount of the contribution with a maximum credit of $5,000 or 5% percent of SBT liability before credits, whichever is less.