ABOUT US » GIVING
Giving at Steppingstone
An Investment in Our Future
A message from our Head of School
November 17, 2010
In the right-hand column you will find Steppingstone's 2010 - 2011 Annual Report as well as an updated edition of our Wish List, which is our annual appeal for
funds to direct toward these items. The list contains items for which we have not yet accumulated funding. As you will see, there is quite a range of requests.
Any amount - either unrestricted or covering a specific item - is greatly valued. In fact, the acquisition, repurposing, and move to our new campus are the result of past donations, coupled with wise stewardship on the part of those responsible for overseeing the school's budget.
Items purchased through Annual Giving last year include science curriculum materials, overhead projectors, screens, and printers. The funds raised through this annual drive are of great assistance to all the school programs and can have a relatively speedy impact on our school's day-to-day life. Please print the .pdf pledge sheet and return it to the school.
As always, we deeply appreciate all that you already do for our Steppingstone Family and thank you for your continuing, generous support.
Very truly yours,
Head of School
The Annual Benefit Auction
This is Steppingstone's major fund-raiser and provides approximately 10% of our annual revenues. Independent schools depend on non-tuition fund-raisers in order to improve and develop new programs. Parents are asked to volunteer, donate, and/or acquire auction items to support this function.
Please help to "Make a Difference" in your child's educational experience: obtain auction items or donate a similar amount in cash or in-kind goods or services. The benefits include:
- Improvement of existing programs and development of new programs
- Maintenance and improvement of facilities and teaching/learning materials
- Excellence of faculty through support of competitive salaries
- An evening of adult-only fun
- A tax deduction as allowable by law (check with your CPA)
Ways To Give
- Cash or Check
- Make your check or money order payable to Steppingstone School and return it with the Annual Giving Pledge Form. Current families may charge their donation to their Steppingstone School Account.
- Credit Card
- The Annual Giving Pledge Form has a section for credit card gifts. We accept Visa and MasterCard. You may call 248-957-8200 to make your gift by phone.
- Steppingstone is happy to accept personal property in accordance with the school's gift guidelines.
- Memorial Gifts
- A gift made in tribute to or in memory of a loved one can provide both a wonderful remembrance and a contribution to Steppingstone.
- Planned Giving
- A good alternative for some supporters is to include Steppingstone as a beneficiary in an insurance policy, trust, or will. Gifts may also be pledged over a period of months or years. These long-range plans help secure the future of the school without immediate impact to you financially.
- Matching Gifts
- Many corporations match contributions made by their employees or retirees. If your company has a matching gift program, your gift could double or triple in value. Please contact your personnel office for information.
- Corporate Tax Credits
- The Michigan Single Business Tax Credit is equal to 50% of the amount of the contribution with a maximum credit of $5,000 or 5% percent of SBT liability before credits, whichever is less.