You may have your child tested by one of the following psychologists or by any other qualified psychologist of your choice. We ask that the age-appropriate Wechsler Intelligence Test be administered, although we will also accept the Stanford-Binet or any other appropriate IQ evaluation.
When the Wechsler is administered, we would like the following information:
- The full scale, performance and verbal IQ scores
- Scaled scores for the sub-tests of both the performance and verbal sections
- The written evaluation of the student’s interactions with the examiner
All the professionals listed below are well qualified to complete the evaluation of the gifted child, but we are not familiar with associates of these individuals who are not listed. Before engaging another professional to complete an evaluation, make sure that the individual is licensed and qualified to complete the testing without supervision and has had significant experience testing gifted students in particular.
Fees vary, but they usually range from $400.00 to $750.00, depending on the student’s age, the length of time s/he needs to “comfortably” complete the tests, and the detail of the written report and/or conference.
(248) 661-0195, 36516 Green Spring, Farmington Hills, MI 48331
2190 N. Woodward, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
Ms. LaPat has long-term experience testing gifted students for all private schools for gifted students in the Detroit metro area and has been providing consultation, seminars and testing for Steppingstone since 1994.
DR. ADAM PLOTNICK, Ph.D.
(248) 471-0071, 26105 Orchard Lake Road, Ste. 302, Farmington Hills, MI 48334
FAX: (248) 471-1995
Dr. Plotnick been available for testing and consultation for Steppingstone since 1994. In addition, he specializes in the evaluation of ADHD and learning disabilities.
DR. DENISE BROOKS
(734) 765-2885, 595 FOREST AVE. STE 71, PLYMOUTH, MI 48170
Is the Director of the Stepping Stones Wellness Center, PLLC, and comes highly recommended.
DR. MAGGIE F. GINDLESPERGER
(313) 876-2526, Henry Ford, 1 Ford Place, Ste. 1-E, Detroit, MI 48202
Dr. Grindlesperger s new to the area but has experience with gifted children and is located in SE-Detroit.