AKABA RESOURCE CENTER » GETTING TESTED
Getting Your Child Tested
You may have your child tested by one of the following psychologists or by any other qualified psychologist of your choice. We ask that the age-appropriate Wechsler Intelligence Test be administered, although we will also accept the Stanford-Binet or any other appropriate IQ evaluation.
When the Wechsler is administered, we would like the following information:
- The full scale, performance and verbal IQ scores
- Scaled scores for the sub-tests of both the performance and verbal sections
- The written evaluation of the student's interactions with the examiner
All the professionals listed below are well qualified to complete the evaluation of the gifted child, but we are not familiar with associates of these individuals who are not listed. Before engaging another professional to complete an evaluation, make sure that the individual is licensed and qualified to complete the testing without supervision and has had significant experience testing gifted students in particular.
Fees vary, but they usually range from $400.00 to $750.00, depending on the studentís age, the length of time s/he needs to "comfortably" complete the tests, and the detail of the written report and/or conference.
DR. BELA CHOPP, Ph.D.
(248) 915-8821, 28415 Brooks Lane, Southfield, MI 48034
Dr. Chopp was added to our list in 2008, but has provided expert IQ testing
results for Steppingstone for more than ten years.
DR. IRA GLOVINSKY, Ph.D.
(248) 538-9070, 7001 Orchard Lake Rd, Building 230 A, West Bloomfield, MI 48322
Dr. Glovinsky has been a consultant for Steppingstone and has been testing gifted students for us since 1981. He has a long history in serving the special needs of children, formerly at Hawthorn Center in Northville, MI; he is currently the Director of a preschool for special needs children.
(248) 661-0195, 36516 Green Spring, Farmington Hills, MI 48331
2190 N. Woodward, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
Ms. LaPat has long-term experience testing gifted students for all private schools for gifted students in the Detroit metro area and has been providing consultation, seminars and testing for Steppingstone since 1994.
DR. ADAM PLOTNICK, Ph.D.
(248) 471-0071, 26105 Orchard Lake Road, Ste. 302, Farmington Hills, MI 48334
FAX: (248) 471-1995
Dr. Plotnick been available for testing and consultation for Steppingstone since 1994. In addition, he specializes in the evaluation of ADHD and learning disabilities.
DR. IRENE SWERDLOW-FRIED, Ph.D.
(248) 539-7777, 30600 Northwestern Highway, Ste 210, Farmington Hills, MI 48334
FAX: (248) 539-7713
Dr. Swerdlow-Freed has been available for testing, consultation and seminars for Steppingstone since 1998.